Why Should You Be Concerned About Indoor Air Quality?
For A Direct Line To Our Water Filter Department
In Utah, we often worry about the effects of seasonal inversions and accompanying high levels of outdoor air pollution on our families’ health. But what about the indoor air quality between the walls of our own homes? Some of our government’s Environmental Protection Agency’s statistics on the air we breathe indoors are sobering:
- Indoor air pollution consistently ranks as one of the Top 5 risks to overall public health
- Indoor air pollutants can be 2-5 times higher and even 100 times higher than outdoor levels
- Poor indoor air quality aggravates children’s asthma symptoms, resulting in 10 million missed school days nationwide
- Concentration, calculation abilities, and memory are all adversely affected by poor indoor air quality
- Certain toxins contained in our indoor air may even cause cancer
–Source: EPA 1999 studies on indoor air quality
What Causes Poor Indoor Air Quality?
Even the most meticulous housekeeper will not be able to prevent poor indoor air quality, and smoking indoors is not the main culprit either: there are toxins emitted from many common household furnishings that can cause a variety of problems. Here is a brief overview of some of the main causes of poor indoor air quality:
- Finishers, sealers, adhesives and a wide range of fabrics contain benzene, toluene, formaldehyde as well as volatile organic compounds that are slowly emitted in gaseous form. Paint, flooring, furniture, rugs, clothing and other common items may be putting your family at risk.
- Poor ventilation systems that do not circulate air properly are also great contributors to poor air quality. Dirty ducts, poorly-designed ducts, and lack of a good filtration system are huge problems.
- Pet dander, dust, dirt and airborne allergens are constantly in the air even despite our best cleaning efforts. Careful cleaning and daily vacuuming will ease these problems, but they can never be gotten rid of entirely through our own hard work alone.
Why Choose Superior For Utah Air Purification?
Obtaining and maintaining the safest levels of indoor air quality possible should be every Utah home and commercial property owner’s goal. Superior is the premier provider of Utah air purification systems and services that will help your family breathe easier and breathe cleaner air each and every time they come home. Look to us for the very best in:
You don’t have to worry about poor indoor air quality and its effect on your health any longer: Contact Superior today to get an appointment for a FREE in-home or in-business consultation and start breathing cleaner, fresher air in no time.